In 1909, high school students in Varina attended Varina School, the second oldest consolidated school in Virginia, which is now home to Varina Elementary. Seven years later, in 1916, the high school became accredited under the leadership of principal George F. Baker. In 1920, the high school became the Varina Agricultural High School in a new facility located on the same campus as Varina School. The current Varina High School, located in the Varina District, opened on the Messer Road campus in 1963. It housed grades seven through twelve until John Rolfe Middle School opened in 1979.
Presently, Varina High School serves grades nine through twelve from within the largest geographic district in Henrico County. Varina HighSchool gathered to celebrate their sparkling new surroundings – courtesy of a three-year, $30-million renovation project of the facility and grounds on May 5, 2013 and also celebrated 50 years.
Special price for Varina High School's faculty and students.